I’m Julie… I was previously a professional mountain biker representing England, and latterly played squash for France. I am the current mountain bike national age group champion, psychology graduate, and am currently working towards undertaking my professional doctorate degree. I also work full-time at a local specialist sports centre for people with disabilities. I am happiest when outdoors.
I’m Anton… I played hockey for South Africa and more recently for England (Masters). I grew up in Africa working in wildlife veterinarian disease research that took me to some of the most amazing places in the world – including the Amazon, New Zealand and parts of Africa. Nowadays, I work as an associate turnaround specialist and for LSP Leadership – Leading Sustainable Performance. I am currently reading law, love acquiring and sharing knowledge.
HEY THERE! WE’RE ANTON AND JULIE – A HUSBAND AND WIFE ULTRA-ENDURANCE TEAM FROM GLOUCESTERSHIRE, UK.
We race in multi-sport ultra-endurance adventure events and the founding members of Team K2.
We met cycling 9 years ago and immediately bonded over our shared passion for endurance sports. We decided to get married on an ultra-cycle and have been training and competing together ever since. We have four dogs and two (almost) grown up sons aged 16 and 18. #busylife
Our ethos is that (ex) sportsmen and women can make brilliant endurance athletes. We both carry the physical and mental ‘war-wounds’ from our time as professional athletes – but it’s this that makes us stronger. At least, that’s what we convinced ourselves one fateful day when embarking on our first endurance run where Julie lost all of her toe nails and Anton was physically sick for most of the 70 mile course!
Since then, we have been competing in various mixed discipline, endurance and ultra-endurance events – some with great success, and some with tribulations and learning along the way.
It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
William Ernest Henley
``It's always impossible until its done.`` Nelson Mandela
Our ethos is to inspire people to use the challenges they encounter to become the best version of themselves – we believe that everyone has the potential to achieve amazing things in their lives. #daretotry.
Our values are the bedrock to who we are and we are proud to share these with you.
- Resilience: to get back up and go again, and not to be judged by how many times we ‘fall’.
- Courageous: to be honest, and in the face of fear, adversity or difficulty.
- Respect: for each other, people we meet on our journeys, individual differences, and the environment.
- Kindness: to ourselves (very hard) and to others.
- Trust: where uncertainty exists, infinite trust begins.
- Authentic: to be true to ourselves – to be real.
- Fun: to have fun (and keep smiling) along the way.
#resilience #courage #respect #kindness #trust #authentic #fun
Highlights of our sporting careers
- Adventure Racing World Championships Spain (2021) – October
- Silk Road Mountain Bike Race (2021) – August
- Adventure Racing World Championships Paraguay (2020) – cancelled due to Covid-19
- Adventure Racing World Championships Sri Lanka (2019) – cancelled due to Easter Bombings
- ‘The Wall’ 69 mile Ultra-marathon (2013) – Julie 3rd (F 40+) | Anton 6th (M 35+)
- Coast-to-Coast Adventure Race (2013) – Winners Mixed Pair
- Various short and long course obstacle course racers (OCRs), orienteering, half marathons, and mixed discipline events
- National MTB Champion (2019 to date (45+))
- TORQ 3hr endurance winner ((solo)( 2019))
- Southern Area MTB Champion (1992 – 1997)
- Ranked number 1 MTB in England (1996)
- Represented England at the World Championship (1997)
- Bronze medal at National Champs ((Elite) (1997))
- French Regional Champion (1998)
- Sponsored MTB rider for 6 years (1992 – 1998)
- French Regional National Squash ranked number 1 (2005 & 2006)
- Gold medal winners: National squash championships (2006)
- Bronze medal winners: National squash championships (2005)
- Premier 1 hockey player for Gloucestershire City HC (2019)
- Woodchester Duathlon: Winner (2013)
- Cirencester Duathlon: Winner (2013)
- England (Masters): field hockey (2018 to date)
- South Africa: field hockey (1996 -2000)
- National / Provincial Leagues (various) Hockey in SA and England (1996 to date)
- World Championship 2018: Bronze
- European Championship: Bronze 2019
- Home Nations: Gold 2019 & Silver 2018
- Woodchester Duathlon (2013): 6th
- Cirencester Duathlon (2013)
- Somerset 100